From casual neighbourhood joint to haute tapas and an emphasis on flavour, texture and temperature
Now entering its fifth year, Twist Kitchen by Naples-born Chef, Eduardo Tuccillo and Restaurant Manager, Giulia Isola, has come a long way from its origins as a rustic Spanish-Italian neighbourhood joint on Crawford, Marylebone.
From Rustic to Rosettes
Now with two AA Rosettes to his name and passion and creativity unabating, Eduardo has progressed his menus from straightforward Mediterranean tapas into something of a culinary trip; a complete expression of his extraordinary global adventures. From North to South America, across Asia and South Africa, Eduardo draws inspiration from the tastes and smells that stay with him long after his journey is ended.
With the maturity of a chef at the helm of his own restaurant for five years, Eduardo has found his definitive culinary voice and yet, experience working under legend Alain Ducasse at The Adour, New York City and Michelin Chef Alfonso Iaccarino at Don Alfonso 1890 on the Amalfi coast, provide rigorous foundation to everything he creates today.
The resulting tapas style plates are careful constructions of both authentic and contemporary Mediterranean dishes perfectly combined with Peruvian, Japanese or Asian ingredients that pay careful attention to flavour, texture and temperature and always with impeccable presentation.
Eduardo’s mastery of flavour is demonstrated better than ever with Twist’s newly launched spring menu. Highlights include:
- Japanese scallops, Mazara red prawns, cucumber & liquorice
- Mangalitza pork belly , carrots,apple,burnt onion
- Fried courgette flowers filled with ricotta, mint, Amalfi lemon & honey
- Josper-Bone aged 35 days with house served with homemade sauces: Bourbon peppercorn, Shitake mushroom, Moutarde de Meaux Pommery
- Pineapple, crème patissière, chocolate soil, sorrel, apple
Overseen by Restaurant Manager, Giulia Isola, whose four years as a senior server at Le Caprice inform the entire front of house approach. Widely lauded by customers for her ability to give each guest a highly unique experience not only through elegant service but through a profound knowledge of wine (WST Level 2) Giulia offers a simply exquisite experience that has contributed to Twist’s five year success.
Eduardo and Giulia first met when working at the Aura Club, St James, Mayfair. Giulia joined Twist as restaurant manager and the pair went on to marry a year ago.
The restaurant interiors hark back to the early days of Twist when charcuterie and tapas from the Iberian Peninsula dominated the menu. Today, a glance at the daily specials chalked up on blackboards, (think hake tempura or lemon sole in shellfish sauce), tell of the kitchen’s transition to a more technical approach.
Under Chef Alfonso Iaccarino at Don Alfonso 1890, Eduardo learnt to appreciate ingredients, nature, foraging, fishing and hyperlocal sourcing. Still a stickler for seasonal and local ingredients, suppliers are rigorously selected with meat from craft Wiltshire butchers and fish from Henderson Seafood
Chef Eduardo Tuccillo, Career History
- 2014 Opened Twist – a celebration of his globetrotting culinary adventures
- Head Chef, Aura, Mayfair St James.
- Worked under Michelin Chef Alain Ducasse at The Adour, New York City
- Worked under Michelin Chef Alfonso Iaccarino at Don Alfonso 1890, Amalfi Coast
- Five Star Hotel Quisisana, Capri on the Amalfi Coast
- Trained at School of Culinary Arts, Ippolito Cavalcanti, Naples
42 Crawford Street, Marylebone, W1H 1JW
Phone: 020 7723 3377