By Joe Brayford, Brand Ambassador at The City of London Distillery
- Alongside juniper, citrus has long been a key gin botanical, which makes it a perfect gin flavour – it’s also the reason gin is so often garnished with lemon, orange and grapefruit.
- From the bright fragrant zest of fresh lemon to the candied marmalade notes of dried orange peel, citrus flavours are varied and powerful, making them delicious in cocktails.
- Refreshing citrus flavours go hand in hand with summer and can be found in lots of other botanicals such as coriander seeds, thyme, lemongrass, timut pepper and hops.
- Citrus gins appeal to anyone! If you prefer a brighter, lighter style of spirit, go for lemon or grapefruit; lemon gives a fresh and sharp note to the gin, while grapefruit will be oily and slightly sweeter. For something a little richer, dried orange can bring a lot of depth depending on the variety, with bittersweet notes of marmalade or candied orange.
- Citrus gins are extremely versatile. A bright, fresh citrus gin will complement citrus-based drinks. For example, The City of London Six Bells Lemon gin is fantastic in a Tom Collins and will equally uplift a darker drink like Negroni. A richer, deeper citrus gin like The City of London Distillery Murcian Orange is ideal for giving a rounded body to long spritz style drinks.
Bells of St Clements ring out for new Murcian Orange Gin from City of London Distillery
Get ready to add some zing to your summer G&Ts and cocktails with a summery, new citrus-flavoured gin from City of London Distillery – Murcian Orange Gin.
City of London Distillery Murcian Orange Gin follows hot on the heels of City of London Distillery Six Bells Lemon Gin, both of which have a London Gin botanical base with citrus notes that sing, making them perfect for the experimental traditionalist.
City of London Distillery Murcian Orange Gin is a wonderfully British gin that bursts with notes of orange marmalade and warming spice, which give way to long and lingering juniper finish.
Instantly vibrant, soft and warming this Murcian Orange Gin will add a deliciously zesty flavour to a classic G&T or a gin-based cocktail
For more information go to https://www.cityoflondondistillery.com/
About the City of London Distillery
Founded in 2012 by Jonathan Clark, the City of London Distillery is the only gin distillery in London’s Square Mile and the first in the City for over 200 years.
In 2017, City of London Distillery won three Double-Gold Awards at the San Francisco World Spirit Competition for City of London Dry Gin, City of London Old Tom Gin and City of London Square Mile Gin and a coveted Gold Award at the International Wine & Spirits Competition for Christopher Wren Gin. City of London Sloe Gin has won a Spirits Business Gin Masters Award. In 2019, City of London Dry Gin and City of London Sloe Gin were also given the coveted Good Housekeeping Institute Taste Approved endorsement.
- Murcian Orange Gin
- Six Bells Lemon Gin
- Rhubarb & Rose Gin
- City of London Dry Gin
- Christopher Wren Gin
- Old Tom Gin
- Sloe Gin
- Square Mile Gin