The latest sticky addition to the Tracklements range of award-winning artisan condiments is NEW Special Edition Bacon & Onion Jam
So how do they do it? Layers of flavour are created using crispy, pan-fried bacon, from the fabulous boys at The Bath Pig, mixed with sweet, gently caramelised onions, a pinch of chilli, a slosh of balsamic vinegar and a squeeze of lemon. This perky pot gives ‘three cheers’ to charcuterie, salutes sausages, perks up pasta sauces and pork pies, beams when put near a Burger and, literally, says ‘cheese’ to cheese!
But hey, if we haven’t mentioned anything that tickles your particular fancy, then there’s always ‘old, but adorable, faithful’ – Cheese on Toast!
Here’s a recipe that serves 2-4
- Good, crusty baguette
- Olive oil
- Top-quality cheese (we’re partial to a bit of Quicke’s Mature Cheddar)
- 2 tbsp Tracklements Special Edition Bacon & Onion Jam
- Heat the grill to medium
- Cut the baguette into inch-thick slices.
- Gently brush one side with a little olive oil and grill till golden.
- Turn the bread over, top each piece with add a couple of slices of Cheddar each piece and a teaspoon of Tracklements Bacon & Onion Jam. Return to the grill until the cheese is bubbling
Peter Morrell, Editor comments “I’m always amazed by how imaginative Tracklements’ products are, and their new Special Edition Bacon & Onion Jam is no exception. The complex combination of flavours really does bring simple dishes alive. I have tried this exciting new condiment with sausages and pork pie and it does make a world of difference.”
Tracklements have spent nearly 50 years unearthing the most delicious recipes using the finest, natural ingredients in the heart of Wiltshire to curate an eclectic range of over 60 mustards, chutneys, relishes and sauces which taste as good as (if not better than) homemade.
Tracklements Special Edition Bacon & Onion Jam, RRP £3.30, for 100g, is available from fine food delis and farm shops nationwide and online at www.tracklements.co.uk/chutneys-relishes