Visit the best of both worlds this summer with a town and country getaway
Torn between a countryside break or getting out and about in the city, seeing the sights again? We have the perfect idea to get the best of both worlds with The Bird, Bath and Homewood for this year’s must-have staycation.
Planning a UK town and country getaway this summer might be just the ticket, and The Bird, Bath in Bath and Homewood Country house hotel, just outside of Bath, next to Freshford village overlooking beautiful English countryside, lets you do both.
The City: Bath Spa town with The Bird, Bath
Arrive at The Bird for a couple of nights in the city and a chance to see the sights. The team at The Bird can arrange tickets for you to visit The Roman Baths, try on a costume or two at the Fashion Museum or take a trip on the river, not to mention recommend the best restaurants in town and get you booked in.
Homewood, Country house hotel and Spa
Then head off to Homewood in nearby Freshford for a taste of the English countryside to enjoy as much, or as little, activity as you like – croquet on the lawn, a picnic in the grounds or a dip in the pool and there’s always the option of going on safari at nearby Longleat.
A bespoke getaway,(booked directly by phone), can be tailored to everything around you; bed and breakfast is included on all nights in addition to a meat & cheese board supper with wine at The Bird on one evening and a picnic will take care of lunch at Homewood on one day also – simply click below to check availability with a member of the team and we’ll have you excited in no time, and as this break is only available when you book directly with the hotel, you’ll also receive a complimentary cream tea on arrival at each of the hotels.
The Bird, Bath and Homewood – Town and Country Package:
Min 4 Nights
- Starting from £600 per stay, based on 2 guests sharing
- Bed and Breakfast basis in a deluxe room
- Cream Tea on arrival at each hotel
- Takeaway Picnics
- Meat and cheese board on request
About The Bird, Bath:
- 31 Boutique Rooms
- Bed and Breakfast Basis
- All Bedrooms are available mid-week
- Pop-Up Nook Garden – open all summer
- Direct Booking: 01225 697441
- All additional activities, meals and experiences booked by the hotel on your behalf – often at a special price – will be charged as taken
- Things to see and do in Bath
- Roman Baths and Spa
- The Fashion Museum
- The Holburne Museum
- Pubs, restaurants and cafes
- Homewood Hotel and Spa are subject to Government policy aiming to re-open their doors with social distancing measures in place on Saturday 4 July 2020.
- Homewood is part of the Mr & Mrs Smith Hotel Collection
- The Lodge – Includes 10 New stunning Bedrooms – Hot Tub Garden Suites to Deluxe King Bedrooms, with views of the rolling Somerset Countryside
- With 21 luxurious guest rooms and suites to choose from, a modern British restaurant with alfresco terrace which focuses on local and home-grown produce and a spa with a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room, heated outside swimming pool and hot tub, your visit to Homewood will be one of relaxation. Located just far enough from the city centre to get away from it all, while also being just 15 minutes away should you wish to explore the world heritage site of Bath. Plus children of all ages are welcome at Homewood, as is the dog.
- Kaleidoscope Collection is an independent hotel group which includes The Bird, Bath, with the latest addition – Homewood.
- Bath is the largest city in the county of Somerset, England, and is known for its Roman-built baths, famous crescents and Jane Austen. Bath is also located just over 100 miles west of London and is the perfect base to explore the West Country.
- Other attractions close-by include Longleat Safari Park which is just over 13 miles away, there’s and one of the country’s best-known wild swimming spots is just down the road, and of course all the sights, museums and attractions of nearby Bath – guests will find entertainment and experiences for all the family.
All interiors/exteriors images: Steve Russell www.steverussellstudios.com/
Things to see and do close to Homewood:
- A beautiful loop walks, through ancient woodlands, pastures and quiet lanes taking in the River Frome, with a convenient stop off at Iford Manor, where at certain times you can enjoy afternoon tea at the Housekeeper’s Tearoom.
- The full loop takes around 1 1⁄2 hours at a medium pace.
- For a longer walk to Farleigh Hungerford where you can visit Farleigh Castle, allow 2 1⁄2 hours, longer if you plan to picnic.
- Dogs on leads are welcome into the grounds of Farleigh Castle. There are a number of options at certain points along the walk allowing you to shorten or extend accordingly.
- A drive away is Longleat Safari Park approx 20 minutes
- Frome village is also a short driving distance of 15 minutes by car or 1-hour cycling
- Hauser and Wirth Art Gallery in the village of Bruton holds many exhibitions and is worth an afternoon of culture. Approx 35-minute drive from Homewood.
- Cycle route from Freshford village to Bradford on Avon – take in Avon Canal, Medieval C14th Tithe Barn, country pubs and Quoins organic vineyard in Little Ashton.
- Stonehenge Ruins are close to Warminster and a 40-minute drive from Homewood