thinkmoney have analysed the menus and prices of 148 Michelin-star restaurants – revealing the top 20 cheapest Michelin-star restaurants and they are ALL Under £30pp
- You can dine out at 20 UK Michelin-star restaurants for under £30 per person.
- Surprisingly, 50% of restaurants of the top 20 cheapest restaurants are based in London, highlighting that Michelin-star meals can still cheap in the capital AND that you fine dine on a fair price outside of London, too.
- The cheapest Michelin star restaurant can be found in London. Cornerstone, a 1-star Michelin restaurant, offers an a la carte menu where you can pick various options, with two dishes costing just £21.50 per person.
- A. Wong, based in Pimlico, London is the cheapest 2-star Michelin restaurant and costs £28 per person.
- Edinburgh and Birmingham are the two (joint) cities with the second most Michelin star restaurants analysed, following London
The top 20 cheapest restaurants can be found below, in order
- Cornerstone (Hackney, London) – £21.50 pp
- Trishna (Marylebone, London) – £23 pp
- The Coach (Marlow, Buckinghamshire) – £23 pp
- OX Belfast (Belfast, County Antrim) – £24 pp
- BRAT (Shoreditch, London) – £24.50 pp
- Pea Porridge (Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk) – £25 pp
- Pipe and Glass (Beverley, Yorkshire) – £25.50 pp
- John’s House (Mountsorrel, Leicestershire) – £26 pp
- Kitchen W8 (Kensington, London) – £26.50 pp
- The Elephant (Torquay, Devon) – £27 pp
- St. JOHN Restaurant (Clerkenwell, London) – £27 pp
- City Social (City of London, London) – £27 pp
- Gymkhana (Mayfair, London) – £27.50 pp
- A. Wong (Pimlico, London) – £28 pp
- The Woodspeen (Newbury, Berkshire) – £29 pp
- The Peat Inn (Cupar, Fife) – £29 pp
- Seven Park Place (Mayfair, London) – £30 pp
- Restaurant Tristan (Horsham, West Sussex) – £30 pp
- Opheem (Birmingham, West Midlands) – £30 pp
- Elystan Street (Chelsea, London) – £30 pp
You can view the research and a hi-res map on the thinkmoney website by following this link https://www.thinkmoney.co.uk/blog/fine-dining-at-a-fair-price-how-to-eat-michelin-star-meals-on-a-budget/