Gin Shops and Tasting Rooms in West, East and Central London offer gin lovers the chance to taste their range in an expertly curated full sensory experience
Luxury British brand Bullards Spirits, the multi award-winning dry gin distilled in small batches, is excited to announce the opening of three new gin shops and tasting rooms in Westfield London W12, Covent Garden and Canary Wharf.
The gin shops and tasting rooms allow visitors to meet the talented Bullards ambassadors, who will discuss the history of Bullards, as well as the story behind these distinctively delicious gins. They’ll be able to advise on the perfect pairings, along with guiding guests on how to mix the best Bullards-based cocktails in a multi sensory experience offered for free to all visitors.
Bullards flagship site in Covent Garden is a joint venture with premium Double Dutch mixers, which is will comprise a ground floor shop and an additional upstairs tasting and mixology room.
For those wanting to start their Christmas shopping, the gin shops are ideal for Christmas gifting and feature a whole host of gin-centric options. Making a big commitment towards sustainability and reducing its carbon footprint, Bullards are leading the way with its environmentally friendly offering thanks to the introduction of Eco-Refill Pouches. The pouches use less energy to produce, transport and deliver, and allow drinkers to top up their original Bullards bottle in support of minimising waste and environmental impact. The pouches can be returned to the distillery (no envelope or stamp required), recycled via TerracycleTM Zero Waste Box solutions, turned into plastic granules and transformed into new products.
Cocktail hampers, which have proved popular in previous years, have returned just in time for the upcoming festive period. The Old Tom Collins Cocktail Hamper includes a bottle of Bullards Old Tom, a bottle of sugar syrup, fresh lemon juice, soda, lemon peel, a Bullards glass, canvas tote bag, copper pourer, as well as some handy gin stones to keep your drink cool. While the Foraged Bramble Cocktail Hamper pays homage to the quintessentially British cocktail: the Foraged Bramble – a sweet and refreshing blackberry-based tipple made with Bullards Coastal Gin. The hamper includes: a bottle of Bullards Coastal Gin, a bottle of sugar syrup, fresh lemon juice, soda, blackberries, a Bullards glass, canvas tote bag, copper pourer, and gin stones. Other hampers available are the Rambling Strawberry and the Negroni.
The Bullards range features:
- The Costal Gin – a spirit that’s a true taste of Norfolk, a delicate, salty influence complemented by bright, citrus flavours.
- Strawberry and Black Pepper – a contemporary full bodied fresh and fruity gin, which when sipped, the flavour evolves into delicate sweet notes of light strawberry and lemon on the finish.
- Bullards’ London Dry – one of only a few gins to use Tonka beans. This is a clean and rounded style gin with bold citrus notes and gently spices sweetness. It’s an easy-drinking classic that works well with a premium tonic.
- Old Tom – a traditional, slightly sweet style of gin distilled with pink pepper and vanilla pods that’s warm, tropical and perfect as a base for sweet cocktails.
A market leader on the UK gin scene, Bullards was founded in 1837 by Richard Bullard. Spanning six generations, the brand went through a redesign in 2018. With immense pride and respect for its heritage, Bullards Spirits launch its beautiful packaging and modern branding with the ‘Tipsy Anchor’ taking centre stage. The unique bottle shape is a nod to the iconic landmark chimney that stood proud over Norwich for over 100 years. Over the years the company has picked up a slew of awards including the World’s Best London Dry Gin and Distillery Of The Year in 2017 as well as six Global Gin Guide Awards.
Westfield Shopping Centre, Ariel Way, Shepherds Bush, London, W12 7GF (Floor 0, near the John Lewis entrance)
Bullards 42, The Market, Covent Garden, London WC2E 8RF
Canary Wharf: Cabot Place West, Cabot Square, E14 4QJ
The Bullards multisensory gin experience
- Bullards multisensory gin experiences are free to all visitors and offered on a drop in basis. Each tour takes approx 45 minutes.
- Bullards Canary Wharf opening times: Monday- Saturday- 10am–6pm daily. Sunday 12noon – 6pm.
- Bullards Westfield London W12 opening times: 12 midday – 8pm daily Monday – Sunday
- Bullards Covent Garden will open in November
About Double Dutch
Co-founded by twin sisters Raissa and Joyce de Haas, Double Dutch is a premium drinks brand offering a range of award-winning tonics and mixers that are both a refreshing soft drink and a lively mixer to enhance all spirits. All flavours in the eleven-strong range are created through the process of molecular gastronomy, which results in unique, counter-intuitive and delicious flavour combinations. Joyce and Raissa have grown their London-based business to 44 countries around the world including the US, their native Netherlands and Singapore, and have recently started trading in Spain and Austria. The brand also aims to become carbon neutral by 2022.