Here are some suggestions for people who like the finer things in life
Good In Bread
Good In Bread has baked a fresh batch of gourmet gifts for Londoners. The festive season is the most wonderful time of year to treat yourself or someone you loaf with Sourdough delights, and this subscription service is about to launch the Limited-Edition Winter Wonderbread Festive Bundle (£30.00) – a pretty special present made for everyone who wants to cosy up and get toasty for Christmas, containing:
- Fruit & Spice ‘Winter Wonderbread’ – inspired by traditional German Stollen – is made with dried fruits plus a subtle blend of festive spices. Enjoy plain or toasted with a slather of lightly salted butter, one roll of which is also included in this bundle along with a seasonal jar each of honey and berry jam
- Not forgetting four Cinnamon & Raisin ‘Loaf Cuff’ Sourdough Bagels – little rolls-with-holes with that distinctive taste, chewy texture and shiny crust
- 1 roll of lightly salted butter
- 1 jar of honey
- 1 jar of berry jam
- A custom Good In Bread linen loaf bag completes this gift – ideal for keeping delicacies oven-fresh for longer and quite simply, one cute little accessory
Good In Bread also has subscription and experience gifts this Christmas:
A perfect present for budding bakers wanting a hands-on experience – founder and certified Master Baker, Emily Caron, has launched a series of Online Sourdough Masterclasses (£30.00). These one-hour virtual workshops are great for anyone crazy about crusts and looking to embark on a Sourdough bread-making journey.
Everything is provided in advance of a chosen event date in January 2022: A complete Sourdough Masterclass kit with all the ingredients included, an introduction to Sourdough bread-making techniques and making and maintaining a starter, and a brief overview of Sourdough’s nutritional benefits.
Sessions take place in the comfort of each participant’s own kitchen, filling their home with the comforting aromas of fresh Sourdough.
Fireheart Coffee was founded in April 2020 during the UK’s national lockdown and officially launched in March 2021 to make fresh, quality coffee more ecological and convenient for home coffee brewers. The Fireheart ‘Roasted & Posted’ service is packaged to conveniently fit through a letterbox and subscriptions can be personalised to a customer’s wants and tastes, via weekly or monthly deliveries.
Fireheart has unveiled the start-up’s seasonal Christmas coffee, which is packed full of the most festive flavours that promise a warm and cosy cup over the holiday season. This newest addition delivers a flavour profile similar to that of a traditional Christmas pudding. With a kick of peach that softens into butterscotch and a warm, smooth ginger finish, Christmas Brew is produced by three friends who together co-own and manage Finca Frailes in Costa Rica. This festive coffee is available now via fireheartcoffee.com priced from RRP £9.95 (wholebean, cafetiere, drip and expresso in 250g packs).
The Karma Tea Co.
The Karma Tea Co. is a specialty tea supplier based in London that was created to connect tea lovers to small-scale tea gardens in India, Nepal and Sri Lanka that are producing fresh, delicious loose-leaf teas.
Winter Tea Selection, RRP £16.00 from KarmaTeaCo.com
One of the cosiest things about Winter is curling up with a comforting cup of hot tea. The Winter tea selection includes:
- 1 pouch of New Day Assam (20g/ 8 cups) which, with its taste notes of plum and chocolate, is rich and warming.
- 1 pouch of Himalayan Gold (20g/ 8 cups) with its hints of Indian spices and soft honey.
- 1 pouch of crisp sweet Winter Frost (20g/ 8 cups) which is light and energising and a perfect antidote to help get through longer days.
- 1 pouch of Kolkata Chai (20g/8 cups), a winter warming favourite which is a rich blend of fresh spices and premium single garden Assam tea.