Easily Create Light and Fluffy Shaved Ice At Home With Your Stand Mixer
The NEW KitchenAid Shave Ice Attachment, powered by the iconic 4.3L and 4.8L tilt-head mixer as well as the 6.9L bowl-lift mixer, quickly and easily makes over 500ml of light and fluffy shaved ice in under a minute.
The snow-like results are extremely versatile for making delicious sweets and treats by adding flavours, ingredients and toppings. Pour over a chilled fruit syrup or a simple mix of pureed fruit (watermelon and blueberries is rather nice) or simply add fresh juice for a fun drink.
And adults can have some ‘fun’ drinks too – Margaritas and Daiquiris are particularly jolly!
Freeze, Shave and Create with the standard accessories
4 Ice moulds with lid
- Fill any of the 4 ice moulds with whatever liquid will freeze
- Freeze for 12-24 hours
- Position the pre-frozen block inside the attachment
- Choose the blade; a fine blade for a cloud of snow ice and a coarse blade for a hand shaved consistency
- Remove ice from the mould and allow to ‘temper’. Tempering allows the ice to reach the ideal shaving temperature of 18 to 20°F. To temper your ice, simply remove an ice block from the freezer about 10 to 15 minutes before you need it for shaving
- Load the ice into the cup of the shave ice attachment
Shave ice attachment
- Release the top lever and start making
- Maximise blade contact for an even shaved ice
Easy to set up, to use and to clean
Dishwasher safe and simply store back in the box and pop in the cupboard till next time.
A twist on the classic Moscow mule, just as spicy and sweet but twice as refreshing and served over shave ice.
Prep Time: 20 (+ 12 – 24hr freezing time)
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1.05L water
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 limes
- 4cm ginger
- 20 mint leaves
- 100ml vodka
- 300ml ginger beer
- Make the ice pucks. Pour 800ml of water into the plastic ice moulds and freeze for 12 – 24 hours.
- Make the syrup. Add the remaining 250ml water, caster sugar, juice of 2 limes, zest of 1 lime, julienned ginger and mint leaves to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and let simmer until the syrup has the consistency of maple syrup (about 30 minutes).
- Strain and let cool completely before transferring the syrup to a sealable bottle. Store in the fridge.
- Allow the ice pucks to rest at room temperature until the outside of the puck has a nice glossy sheen. Place the puck Into the KitchenAid Shave Ice Attachment, turn speed to 10 and shave the ice into a serving glass.
- Divide the vodka over the 2 glasses and add half of the ginger beer to them. Stir with a fork.
- Shave a second puck of ice in the glass. Top off with the remaining ginger beer until the glass is almost full. Drizzle some syrup on top to your taste.
- Garnish with a spring of mint, a slice of fresh lime and a chilli pepper.
Making every day extraordinary, the NEW KitchenAid Shave Ice Attachment (RRP £109) is available from kitchenaid.co.ukhttp://www.kitchenaid.co.uk